- Understand how Lean Management leads to productivity improvement and customer satisfaction.
- Apply Lean Management both to manufacturing and business processes.
- Identify different kinds of waste in the company.
- Define the Value Stream Map and identify non-value-add steps
- Implement "PULL" management
- Apply KANBAN to achieve PULL
- Practice with Lean tools (VSM, 5S, TPM, Visual control, etc)
- Develop a Lean Project
- Just-in-case Vs Just-In-Time logistics
- Line Vs workshop production
- Production by lots Vs continuous flow
VALUE ADD MANAGEMENT
WASTE IDENTIFICATION AND REDUCTION
- 8 Wastes: description
- Waste identification
- Go to Gemba
JUST IN TIME PRODUCTION
- Inventory level and manufacturing lot size
- Equipment setup time reduction: SMED
- Total Productive Maintenance: TPM
- Load balance: Heijunka
- Versatile operators: multi-skill
- Takt, machine cycle, operator cycle
- Line layout: production flexibility
- Materials flow in the plant: Spaghetti diagram
QUALITY AND PROCESS IMPROVEMENT
- Jidoka: Do not pass defects
- Poka-Yoke: Fail-Proof processes
- Quality metrics: DPU, DPMO, FPY, etc.
- Failure Mode and Effects Analysis
- Six Sigma process improvement: DMAIC
- Customer complaints management: 8 discipline
- Improvement teams: Kaizen Blitz events